Thank you for enquiring with us, a member of our human staff will respond as soon as possible!
If your enquiry is urgent please call us on: 01639 730725 / 731167
Reception is open Monday-Sunday 09.00 am till 9.00 pm (though closed at moment due to Coronavirus closures).
(If phone is unanswered it is because reception are serving other guests or showing guests to their rooms - please keep trying.)
Phone not manned during Coronavirus Closures.
In the meantime please take a look at Jack's Walks in the menu above for places to visit.
For absolutely loads of delightfully dog friendly places to visit and things to do in the area - see Really Useful Links below. Our 'Really Useful Links' can also be found lower down on our 'Enquire for my owner' page, when you leave this 'thank you' page.
You are receiving this email, as you have asked “us” for information on our products and services. In order to do this, we use your email address/telephone number to keep you up to date with our products and services. If you no longer wish to continue receiving information from us periodically about up and coming accommodation, events, tours or wedding offers please let us know by replying to this email indicating you no longer wish to receive information from us. We will then remove your email address/telephone number from our system, if though you have an upcoming Booking with us, we will remove your details for marketing purposes but use your details only to contact you about the specific booking.
"A unique gothic Welsh Castle
conveniently set within a glorious 40 acre Country Park
with idyllic shaded Woodland paths, Lakes and
off-the-lead Dog Walks - right on your doorstep"
Historic Craig y Nos Castle
Craig y Nos Castle's History
- see a snapshot of Castle History in the Picture links below
Index of Dog Friendly Customer letters
11. Deserted Penwyllt, once a thriving mountain top town of 500, providing the bricks for Swansea’s furnaces (below) in the ‘Industrial Revolution’
Really Useful Links
Discover everything you need to know about what to do and what to see, when you are here.
Dogs & Local Walks on our doorstep (no need to take the car)
1. Dog Walks in the Country Park - Meadow Walks
2. Dog Walks in the Country Park - Woodland Walks
3. Dog Walks up our nearest Mountain, returning via the Welsh Show Caves - Mountain Walk
Dog friendly Nearby Walks (taking the car a short distance)
1. Dog Walks at the Brecon Mountain Centre Walk
2. Local Waterfalls Walk - Henrhyd Waterfalls Walk
3. Local Mountain Lake Walk - Lady of the Lake of Arthurian Legend Walk
5. Circular 2 hour all the round the Reservoir Walk - Usk Reservoir Walk
Touring and Scenery - further afield
1. The Elan Village and Reservoirs
2. Brecon Town
5. Dinefwr Castle and Parkland (National Trust)
7, Lynne Brianne Reservoir Drive and Walks
8. Talybont on Usk Reservoir and Walks
10. Many more Outings with Dogs - another huge resource of dog friendly outings (most allow dogs - exceptions are advised on our list)
11. Suggested Itinerary of what to do and see in the area, on a 4 or 5 day break
History & Renovation
1. Introduction to our Restoration Projects at Craig y Nos Castle
2. See the Transformation of the Conservatory from derelict shell to Wedding Venue
3. Landscaping the theatre Gardens and Exterior work
5. Restoration of the large sitting room - the Nicolini Lounge
6. Conversion of the old Aviary into a Sports room and Spa
8. History of the Castle - First Owner
9. History of the Castle - Adeline Patti
10. Adelina Patti Recordings and the Recording Industry
11. Nicolini Lounge in Historical times - with old pictures
12. Function room in Historical times - with old pictures
13. The Conservatory in Historical times - with old pictures
13. How Craig y Nos Castle's Winter Gardens become the Patti Pavilion in Swansea
Ghosts & Ghouls
1. The Share the Experience Ghost tour for groups of ten or more to arrange their own group tour (minimum 10)
2. The G.H.O.S.T. tour - a once monthly History and Ghost tour which individuals and couples can book on to without organising their own group tour (maximum 15 on each monthly tour)
3. Ghost Stories, Room 36, Patti Bar fireplace, the old staircase, and see the site for more stories and history