Rhossili Bay: C12th Church
The arch over the doorway of the church dates from the twelfth century and is believed to have been moved from the lost village. Rhossilli was previously nearer the sea but got swamped by sand and sea so moved inland and to higher ground.
The church which is believed to have been dismantled and moved, was built in around 1100 and buried possibly by sand storms some time in the early part of the fourteenth century.
Click on picture to scroll to next page